Tuesday, July 12, 2005

La Dolce Vita

It's a wonderful movie. I spoke to a woman today who thought it was without climax. (Kind of ironic?!) As if there was no real catch to the movie. I admit, having just finished watching, I feel sort of miffed. In a good way, I suppose. Anyone seen it? If you haven't you should. And don't watch it like I did, all in bits and pieces, 20 minutes here, 90 there, off and on. Watch it all at once, it one sitting. It's not particulary difficult, it all ties together, and it occurs to me now that it would be a wonderful flick to elicit a great discussion. The Golden Jesus at the beginning has me a bit curious. As a preemptive newsflash to the contrary behavior depicted in the film? Must be. I liked all the drinking and partying, and having just been in Rome for a length of time, the busy-ness of the nights is familiar. Silvia is a woman I will be in another life. Maybe not as blonde, but as sensual and womanly. Just like Marcello says, she's everything...The wife, the mother, the sister, the lover...I wish I didn't have to return the film tonight, or I would watch it again. Another time, and other place, another perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Want to see more? Go to the Archives...

  • Free Web Counter
    Free Hit Counter